We are looking to hire a talented Scientist to join our team at our laboratory site in Sunnyvale, CA.
Responsibilities for Scientist
- Lead our in-house experiments
- Perform in vitro assays in cell-free or cellular format using the appropriate technical equipment and instruments
- Receive and process samples
- Prepare and run experiments
- Calculate test results, log and report to the team
- Maintain equipment in proper working order and maintain a clean work area
- Practice safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations, including CDC-recommended COVID-19 practices.
- PhD degree in the sciences (a plus for biology/biotechnology/bioengineering)
- At least 5 years of experience working in a lab environment.
- Experience with sterile technique, cell culture, cellular, and/or bioluminescence assays.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to write correspondence and reports
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer skills - PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word is necessary
- Ability to work on site, handle samples and load robotic equipment
- Analytical and numerical skills: ability to perform mathematical calculations, ability to use concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios
- A precondition of employment is valid and existing authorization to work permanently in the U.S. We will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Desired qualifications but not required
- Experience with bioluminescence assays
- Experience with Opentrons robotics or other automated pipetting system
- Experience with analysis software, such as GraphPad Prism
- Experience with automated drug screening
For details email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org